The cheapest trainsfrom Atlanta to Houston
Showing times and prices for 2023-03-21
The best way to find a cheap fare is to book your ticket as far in advance as you can and to avoid traveling at rush hour.
The average ticket from Atlanta to Houston will cost around $428 if you buy it on the day, but the cheapest tickets can be found for only $428.
Atlanta to Houston train information
|timelapse||Avg. Train duration||13h 46m|
|attach_money||Train ticket price||$428|
|place||Train depart from||Atlanta|
|pin_drop||Train arrive in||Houston|
The fastest trainsfrom Atlanta to Houston
Showing times and prices for 2023-03-21
Trips per day1
These direct trains cover the 1129km distance in an average of 13h 46m but if you time it right, some trains will get you there in just 13h 46m
Train from Atlanta to Houston
How much cost tickets to Houston?expand_more
Amtrak tickets to Houston costs between $428 and USD 428.00 each seat.
This $428 train leaves at 23:29 from Atlanta train station at Peachtree Station - 1688 Peachtree St NW.
On the contrary, the train leaving at 23:29 have the most expensive ticket to Houston for about USD 428.00.
During holidays and peak seasons fares are generally higher.
How far apart is Houston from Atlanta?expand_more
The train traveling average length from Atlanta to Houston is around 13h 46m.
Getting Amtrak fastest train from Atlanta, you probably arrive in about 13h 46m in Houston.
Amtrak does not normally guarantee connections of less than 60 minutes.
Usually 90 minutes between arriving long-distance trains and local trains in the Northeast Corridor.
Can I bring my pet on the train?expand_more
Sure! But there are several rules you have to comply with and be aware of, so your beloved pet will be able to come with you.
- Dogs and cats up to 20 pounds
- You need to make a prior reservation. There's a maximum of five pets per train, and they're limited to one pet per customer.
- The trip is limited to 7 (seven) hours of total travel time. Multi-ride tickets aren’t allowed.
- The pet carrier you bring can be hard or soft-sided but has to be leakproof and well ventilated for comfort and safety. Maximum weight: 20 pounds. Maximum size: 19" long x 14" wide x 10.5" high.
- Also, the carrier has to be big enough so the pet is able to sit, lie down and remain entirely inside without touching the sides.
- Is allowed in Coach class, but not in First class, non-Acela Business class, bedroom accommodations, or food service cars.
- It’s mandatory to sign a Pet Release and Indemnification Agreement for each travel segment.
- It must be at least eight weeks old, odorless, harmless, not disruptive, and require no attention during travel.- It’s not permitted to ship it or allow them to travel as checked baggage.
Can you buy an Amtrak ticket onboard the train?expand_more
There are two options for purchasing tickets during the trip, is using cash or credit card.
All tickets purchased onboard include a service fee built into the fare and payment must be in cash. Who chose to purchase using a credit card must call the contact center at 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245) to complete their payment.
But stay aware that is used in limited situations. For example, when you pay for your tickets in advance of travel and your departure station is closed at the time of departure and no other delivery option exists.
How to get ticket refund on Amtrak?expand_more
Note that Amtrak have different policies regarding fare types and changes. Find more information on Amtrak page.
Where are located Atlanta and Houston train stations?expand_more
For this trip to Houston, you can get on board at Peachtree Station - 1688 Peachtree St NW.
Moreover, get off the train at 902 Washington Ave.
Most Amtrak stations in major cities, and many other stations across the country, are accessible to passengers with a disability.
Call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245) to ensure that you have the most up-to-date information regarding the accessibility of the stations on your itinerary.
When is the first and last train departing from Atlanta on 2023-03-21?expand_more
The first train time to Houston is at 23:29.
The last departure time from Atlanta is at 23:29.
How easy is to get by train to Houston from Atlanta?expand_more
On average you find 1 daily Amtrak Atlanta to Houston schedules.
Usually, there are 7 train departures every week on this route.
Amtrak operates a large fleet to Houston.
It is an average of 1 departures per day and 30 trips every month.
How to get cheap Amtrak train tickets from Atlanta to Houston?expand_more
Amtrak offer a total of 1 train schedules to Houston.
Compare all available fares that vary according to comfort, ticket promotions, and availability.
Take time and check customers 1643 Amtrak reviews for train services.
Users reviews always best describe the real train trip experience.The company score relates to quality, punctuality, cleanliness, and staff behavior. Ratings and reviews are relevant information when searching and comparing ticket prices for this destination.
Keep in mind that in all train departure times from Atlanta have different ticket prices based on fare options.
What is shown on the list is the cheapest fare type still available if Saver, Value, Flexible or Premium.
On this trip, tickets are available starting on $428 and this is the lower trip price you can get on 2023-03-21.
Book your train tickets 14 days in advance with Saver Fares for 20% discount.
On searching for Houston cheap tickets it may apply. In many routes across the country this is the best method to get trip discounts.
TrainBuster displayed travel informationexpand_more
- TrainBuster has all information for you discover the best and cheapest train ticket. Explore all available tools and 1643 user reviews to best choose your transportation. TrainBuster does not sell tickets. If you want to purchase train tickets online, this site will redirect you to the official Amtrak website. Reserve your train seat to Houston in advance and have a nice trip.
Can I get a bus from Atlanta to Houston instead of a train?expand_more
Click here to check on the bus prices for this trip. Going by bus, sometimes, can be the cheapest way to travel between Atlanta and Houston.
Which is the best way for train booking?expand_more
- There are many different secure forms of acquiring a ticket. The more comfortable, secure and faster way is to get your eTicket online at Amtrak website. Alternatively, you can book at a Quik-Trak Kiosk or directly at the counter. Amtrak phone number: +1 215-856-7924 Find out more on search and buy cheap train tickets in North America.
Train tickets to Atlanta
Train tickets to Houston
Plan your next train trip