Amtrak train tickets from
Oakland to Los Angeles
135 train schedules from Oakland to Los Angeles on Tuesday, Jan 31. Amtrak tickets from $49
How much cost tickets to Los Angeles?expand_more
Amtrak tickets to Los Angeles costs between $49 and USD 149.00 each seat.
This $49 train leaves at 01:46 from Oakland train station at Salesforce Plaza, 700 University Ave under University Ave overpass W of 4th St, 245 Second St, 5885 Horton St, Across San Leandro Blvd from BART station - 700 73rd Ave.
On the contrary, the train leaving at 00:55 have the most expensive ticket to Los Angeles for about USD 149.00.
During holidays and peak seasons fares are generally higher.
How far apart is Los Angeles from Oakland?expand_more
The train traveling average length from Oakland to Los Angeles is around 9h 57m.
Getting Amtrak fastest train from Oakland, you probably arrive in about 8h 14m in Los Angeles.
Amtrak does not normally guarantee connections of less than 60 minutes.
Usually 90 minutes between arriving long-distance trains and local trains in the Northeast Corridor.
Can I bring my pet on the train?expand_more
Sure! But there are several rules you have to comply with and be aware of, so your beloved pet will be able to come with you.
- Dogs and cats up to 20 pounds
- You need to make a prior reservation. There's a maximum of five pets per train, and they're limited to one pet per customer.
- The trip is limited to 7 (seven) hours of total travel time. Multi-ride tickets aren’t allowed.
- The pet carrier you bring can be hard or soft-sided but has to be leakproof and well ventilated for comfort and safety. Maximum weight: 20 pounds. Maximum size: 19" long x 14" wide x 10.5" high.
- Also, the carrier has to be big enough so the pet is able to sit, lie down and remain entirely inside without touching the sides.
- Is allowed in Coach class, but not in First class, non-Acela Business class, bedroom accommodations, or food service cars.
- It’s mandatory to sign a Pet Release and Indemnification Agreement for each travel segment.
- It must be at least eight weeks old, odorless, harmless, not disruptive, and require no attention during travel.- It’s not permitted to ship it or allow them to travel as checked baggage.
Can you buy an Amtrak ticket onboard the train?expand_more
There are two options for purchasing tickets during the trip, is using cash or credit card.
All tickets purchased onboard include a service fee built into the fare and payment must be in cash. Who chose to purchase using a credit card must call the contact center at 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245) to complete their payment.
But stay aware that is used in limited situations. For example, when you pay for your tickets in advance of travel and your departure station is closed at the time of departure and no other delivery option exists.
How to get ticket refund on Amtrak?expand_more
Note that Amtrak have different policies regarding fare types and changes. Find more information on Amtrak page.
Where are located Oakland and Los Angeles train stations?expand_more
For this trip to Los Angeles, you can get on board at Salesforce Plaza, 700 University Ave under University Ave overpass W of 4th St, 245 Second St, 5885 Horton St, Across San Leandro Blvd from BART station - 700 73rd Ave.
Moreover, get off the train at Union Station, Glendale Transp Ctr - 400 W Cerritos Ave, 10040 Old Depot Plaza Rd, Chatsworth, Amtrak Metrolink Station - 7724 Van Nuys Blvd, Metrolink Station, Downtown Burbank Metrolink Station - 201 N Front St, 592 Gayley Ave, Pasadena Hilton Hotel - 168 S Los Robles Ave.
Most Amtrak stations in major cities, and many other stations across the country, are accessible to passengers with a disability.
Call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245) to ensure that you have the most up-to-date information regarding the accessibility of the stations on your itinerary.
When is the first and last train departing from Oakland on 2023-01-31?expand_more
The first train time to Los Angeles is at 00:40.
The last departure time from Oakland is at 21:55.
How easy is to get by train to Los Angeles from Oakland?expand_more
On average you find 135 daily Amtrak Oakland to Los Angeles schedules.
Usually, there are 945 train departures every week on this route.
Amtrak operates a large fleet to Los Angeles.
It is an average of 135 departures per day and 4050 trips every month.
How to get cheap Amtrak train tickets from Oakland to Los Angeles?expand_more
Amtrak offer a total of 135 train schedules to Los Angeles.
Compare all available fares that vary according to comfort, ticket promotions, and availability.
Take time and check customers 1643 Amtrak reviews for train services.
Users reviews always best describe the real train trip experience.The company score relates to quality, punctuality, cleanliness, and staff behavior. Ratings and reviews are relevant information when searching and comparing ticket prices for this destination.
Keep in mind that in all train departure times from Oakland have different ticket prices based on fare options.
What is shown on the list is the cheapest fare type still available if Saver, Value, Flexible or Premium.
On this trip, tickets are available starting on $49 and this is the lower trip price you can get on 2023-01-31.
Book your train tickets 14 days in advance with Saver Fares for 20% discount.
On searching for Los Angeles cheap tickets it may apply. In many routes across the country this is the best method to get trip discounts.
TrainBuster displayed travel informationexpand_more
- TrainBuster has all information for you discover the best and cheapest train ticket. Explore all available tools and 1643 user reviews to best choose your transportation. TrainBuster does not sell tickets. If you want to purchase train tickets online, this site will redirect you to the official Amtrak website. Reserve your train seat to Los Angeles in advance and have a nice trip.
Can I get a bus from Oakland to Los Angeles instead of a train?expand_more
Click here to check on the bus prices for this trip. Going by bus, sometimes, can be the cheapest way to travel between Oakland and Los Angeles.
Which is the best way for train booking?expand_more
- There are many different secure forms of acquiring a ticket. The more comfortable, secure and faster way is to get your eTicket online at Amtrak website. Alternatively, you can book at a Quik-Trak Kiosk or directly at the counter. Amtrak phone number: +1 215-856-7924 Find out more on search and buy cheap train tickets in North America.
Train companies ratingView all
Rate and review the train companies attending this route
Train trip reviews
Most recent train companies reviews for your trip from Oakland to Los Angeles
Oakland to Los Angeles train information
|Cheapest||Fastest||Trips per day||Train companies|