The cheapest trainsfrom St. Louis to Kansas City
Showing times and prices for 2022-08-13
The best way to find a cheap fare is to book your ticket as far in advance as you can and to avoid traveling at rush hour.
The average ticket from St. Louis to Kansas City will cost around $44 if you buy it on the day, but the cheapest tickets can be found for only $36.
St. Louis to Kansas City train information
|timelapse||Avg. Train duration||14h 25m|
|attach_money||Train ticket price||$36|
|place||Train depart from||St. Louis|
|pin_drop||Train arrive in||Kansas City|
The fastest trainsfrom St. Louis to Kansas City
Showing times and prices for 2022-08-13
Fastest1d, 27m 4s
Trips per day4
These direct trains cover the 383km distance in an average of 14h 25m but if you time it right, some trains will get you there in just 1d, 27m 4s
Train from St. Louis to Kansas City
How much cost tickets to Kansas City?expand_more
Amtrak tickets to Kansas City costs between $36 and USD 47.00 each seat.
This $36 train leaves at 20:05 from St. Louis train station at Gateway Station - 430 S 15th St.
On the contrary, the train leaving at 06:00 have the most expensive ticket to Kansas City for about USD 47.00.
During holidays and peak seasons fares are generally higher.
How far apart is Kansas City from St. Louis?expand_more
The train traveling average length from St. Louis to Kansas City is around 14h 25m.
Getting Amtrak fastest train from St. Louis, you probably arrive in about 1d, 27m 4s in Kansas City.
Amtrak does not normally guarantee connections of less than 60 minutes.
Usually 90 minutes between arriving long-distance trains and local trains in the Northeast Corridor.
Can I bring my pet on the train?expand_more
Sure! But there are several rules you have to comply with and be aware of, so your beloved pet will be able to come with you.
- Dogs and cats up to 20 pounds
- You need to make a prior reservation. There's a maximum of five pets per train, and they're limited to one pet per customer.
- The trip is limited to 7 (seven) hours of total travel time. Multi-ride tickets aren’t allowed.
- The pet carrier you bring can be hard or soft-sided but has to be leakproof and well ventilated for comfort and safety. Maximum weight: 20 pounds. Maximum size: 19" long x 14" wide x 10.5" high.
- Also, the carrier has to be big enough so the pet is able to sit, lie down and remain entirely inside without touching the sides.
- Is allowed in Coach class, but not in First class, non-Acela Business class, bedroom accommodations, or food service cars.
- It’s mandatory to sign a Pet Release and Indemnification Agreement for each travel segment.
- It must be at least eight weeks old, odorless, harmless, not disruptive, and require no attention during travel.- It’s not permitted to ship it or allow them to travel as checked baggage.
Can you buy an Amtrak ticket onboard the train?expand_more
There are two options for purchasing tickets during the trip, is using cash or credit card.
All tickets purchased onboard include a service fee built into the fare and payment must be in cash. Who chose to purchase using a credit card must call the contact center at 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245) to complete their payment.
But stay aware that is used in limited situations. For example, when you pay for your tickets in advance of travel and your departure station is closed at the time of departure and no other delivery option exists.
How to get ticket refund on Amtrak?expand_more
Note that Amtrak have different policies regarding fare types and changes. Find more information on Amtrak page.
Where are located St. Louis and Kansas City train stations?expand_more
For this trip to Kansas City, you can get on board at Gateway Station - 430 S 15th St.
Moreover, get off the train at Bus Terminal - 1101 Troost Ave, Union Station - 30 W Pershing Rd.
Most Amtrak stations in major cities, and many other stations across the country, are accessible to passengers with a disability.
Call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245) to ensure that you have the most up-to-date information regarding the accessibility of the stations on your itinerary.
When is the first and last train departing from St. Louis on 2022-08-13?expand_more
The first train time to Kansas City is at 06:00.
The last departure time from St. Louis is at 22:40.
How easy is to get by train to Kansas City from St. Louis?expand_more
On average you find 4 daily Amtrak St. Louis to Kansas City schedules.
Usually, there are 28 train departures every week on this route.
Amtrak operates a large fleet to Kansas City.
It is an average of 4 departures per day and 120 trips every month.
How to get cheap Amtrak train tickets from St. Louis to Kansas City?expand_more
Amtrak offer a total of 4 train schedules to Kansas City.
Compare all available fares that vary according to comfort, ticket promotions, and availability.
Take time and check customers 1643 Amtrak reviews for train services.
Users reviews always best describe the real train trip experience.The company score relates to quality, punctuality, cleanliness, and staff behavior. Ratings and reviews are relevant information when searching and comparing ticket prices for this destination.
Keep in mind that in all train departure times from St. Louis have different ticket prices based on fare options.
What is shown on the list is the cheapest fare type still available if Saver, Value, Flexible or Premium.
On this trip, tickets are available starting on $36 and this is the lower trip price you can get on 2022-08-13.
Book your train tickets 14 days in advance with Saver Fares for 20% discount.
On searching for Kansas City cheap tickets it may apply. In many routes across the country this is the best method to get trip discounts.
TrainBuster displayed travel informationexpand_more
- TrainBuster has all information for you discover the best and cheapest train ticket. Explore all available tools and 1643 user reviews to best choose your transportation. TrainBuster does not sell tickets. If you want to purchase train tickets online, this site will redirect you to the official Amtrak website. Reserve your train seat to Kansas City in advance and have a nice trip.
Can I get a bus from St. Louis to Kansas City instead of a train?expand_more
Click here to check on the bus prices for this trip. Going by bus, sometimes, can be the cheapest way to travel between St. Louis and Kansas City.
Which is the best way for train booking?expand_more
- There are many different secure forms of acquiring a ticket. The more comfortable, secure and faster way is to get your eTicket online at Amtrak website. Alternatively, you can book at a Quik-Trak Kiosk or directly at the counter. Amtrak phone number: +1 215-856-7924 Find out more on search and buy cheap train tickets in North America.
St. Louis, MO
Train tickets to St. Louis
Kansas City, MO
Train tickets to Kansas City
Blog with travel guides and top tips for your train trip
Discover bus and train travel deals, unique trip itineraries, and various tips and suggestions on the best way to travel on a budget.
The Ultimate Guide To Getting Cheap Train Tickets on Amtrak Texas Eagle from Chicago to Los Angeles!
by Brandon York
Amtrak is a national railroad company that offers riders affordable train tickets and exciting itineraries across the country. As one of the largest railways in America, Amtrak has service routes from coast to coast with affordable ticket prices and special deals for frequent riders. If you live in the Texas area, you’ll be glad to […]
A 4-Step Guide: Getting Cheap Train Tickets On Amtrak Southwest Chief from Chicago to Los Angeles!
by Brandon York
In the world of rail travel, there are so many different types of trains and travel options that it can get overwhelming. The Southwest Chief train travels from Chicago to Los Angeles and stops at several smaller cities in between, including St. Louis, Mo., Marshall, Ark., and Albuquerque, N.M. While the Chief only operates once […]