The cheapest trainsfrom Milwaukee to Chicago
Showing times and prices for 2022-06-29
The best way to find a cheap fare is to book your ticket as far in advance as you can and to avoid traveling at rush hour.
The average ticket from Milwaukee to Chicago will cost around $21 if you buy it on the day, but the cheapest tickets can be found for only $14.
Milwaukee to Chicago train information
|timelapse||Avg. Train duration||4h 53m|
|attach_money||Train ticket price||$14|
|place||Train depart from||Milwaukee|
|pin_drop||Train arrive in||Chicago|
The fastest trainsfrom Milwaukee to Chicago
Showing times and prices for 2022-06-29
Trips per day23
These direct trains cover the 132km distance in an average of 4h 53m but if you time it right, some trains will get you there in just 1h 7m
Train from Milwaukee to Chicago
How much cost tickets to Chicago?expand_more
Amtrak tickets to Chicago costs between $14 and USD 25.00 each seat.
This $14 train leaves at 14:15 from Milwaukee train station at Intermodal Station - 433 W ST Paul Ave, Airport - 5601 S 6th St, Milwaukee (Downtown), Mitchell Airport - 5300 S Howell Ave.
On the contrary, the train leaving at 00:35 have the most expensive ticket to Chicago for about USD 25.00.
During holidays and peak seasons fares are generally higher.
How far apart is Chicago from Milwaukee?expand_more
The train traveling average length from Milwaukee to Chicago is around 4h 53m.
Getting Amtrak fastest train from Milwaukee, you probably arrive in about 1h 7m in Chicago.
Amtrak does not normally guarantee connections of less than 60 minutes.
Usually 90 minutes between arriving long-distance trains and local trains in the Northeast Corridor.
Can I bring my pet on the train?expand_more
Sure! But there are several rules you have to comply with and be aware of, so your beloved pet will be able to come with you.
- Dogs and cats up to 20 pounds
- You need to make a prior reservation. There's a maximum of five pets per train, and they're limited to one pet per customer.
- The trip is limited to 7 (seven) hours of total travel time. Multi-ride tickets aren’t allowed.
- The pet carrier you bring can be hard or soft-sided but has to be leakproof and well ventilated for comfort and safety. Maximum weight: 20 pounds. Maximum size: 19" long x 14" wide x 10.5" high.
- Also, the carrier has to be big enough so the pet is able to sit, lie down and remain entirely inside without touching the sides.
- Is allowed in Coach class, but not in First class, non-Acela Business class, bedroom accommodations, or food service cars.
- It’s mandatory to sign a Pet Release and Indemnification Agreement for each travel segment.
- It must be at least eight weeks old, odorless, harmless, not disruptive, and require no attention during travel.- It’s not permitted to ship it or allow them to travel as checked baggage.
Can you buy an Amtrak ticket onboard the train?expand_more
There are two options for purchasing tickets during the trip, is using cash or credit card.
All tickets purchased onboard include a service fee built into the fare and payment must be in cash. Who chose to purchase using a credit card must call the contact center at 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245) to complete their payment.
But stay aware that is used in limited situations. For example, when you pay for your tickets in advance of travel and your departure station is closed at the time of departure and no other delivery option exists.
How to get ticket refund on Amtrak?expand_more
Note that Amtrak have different policies regarding fare types and changes. Find more information on Amtrak page.
Where are located Milwaukee and Chicago train stations?expand_more
For this trip to Chicago, you can get on board at Intermodal Station - 433 W ST Paul Ave, Airport - 5601 S 6th St, Milwaukee (Downtown), Mitchell Airport - 5300 S Howell Ave.
Moreover, get off the train at Bus Station - 630 W Harrison St, Union Station, Canal St.
Most Amtrak stations in major cities, and many other stations across the country, are accessible to passengers with a disability.
Call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245) to ensure that you have the most up-to-date information regarding the accessibility of the stations on your itinerary.
When is the first and last train departing from Milwaukee on 2022-06-29?expand_more
The first train time to Chicago is at 00:30.
The last departure time from Milwaukee is at 23:10.
How easy is to get by train to Chicago from Milwaukee?expand_more
On average you find 23 daily Amtrak Milwaukee to Chicago schedules.
Usually, there are 161 train departures every week on this route.
Amtrak operates a large fleet to Chicago.
It is an average of 23 departures per day and 690 trips every month.
How to get cheap Amtrak train tickets from Milwaukee to Chicago?expand_more
Amtrak offer a total of 23 train schedules to Chicago.
Compare all available fares that vary according to comfort, ticket promotions, and availability.
Take time and check customers 1643 Amtrak reviews for train services.
Users reviews always best describe the real train trip experience.The company score relates to quality, punctuality, cleanliness, and staff behavior. Ratings and reviews are relevant information when searching and comparing ticket prices for this destination.
Keep in mind that in all train departure times from Milwaukee have different ticket prices based on fare options.
What is shown on the list is the cheapest fare type still available if Saver, Value, Flexible or Premium.
On this trip, tickets are available starting on $14 and this is the lower trip price you can get on 2022-06-29.
Book your train tickets 14 days in advance with Saver Fares for 20% discount.
On searching for Chicago cheap tickets it may apply. In many routes across the country this is the best method to get trip discounts.
TrainBuster displayed travel informationexpand_more
- TrainBuster has all information for you discover the best and cheapest train ticket. Explore all available tools and 1643 user reviews to best choose your transportation. TrainBuster does not sell tickets. If you want to purchase train tickets online, this site will redirect you to the official Amtrak website. Reserve your train seat to Chicago in advance and have a nice trip.
Can I get a bus from Milwaukee to Chicago instead of a train?expand_more
Click here to check on the bus prices for this trip. Going by bus, sometimes, can be the cheapest way to travel between Milwaukee and Chicago.
Which is the best way for train booking?expand_more
- There are many different secure forms of acquiring a ticket. The more comfortable, secure and faster way is to get your eTicket online at Amtrak website. Alternatively, you can book at a Quik-Trak Kiosk or directly at the counter. Amtrak phone number: +1 215-856-7924 Find out more on search and buy cheap train tickets in North America.
Train tickets to Milwaukee